Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#81 - Giving Thanks

I originally envisioned drafting this from our fifth-wheel  overlooking Brownlee Reservoir in the Hells Canyon area near the Idaho-Oregon border. Alas, winter picked Thanksgiving week to make an early appearance, shelving those plans.

Still, I have plenty to be thankful for this year. First and foremost, of course, are my wife, Teresa, and our son, Christopher. They give me roots when before I really had none.

Second are my friends, including all of the people I've reconnected with or stayed connected with through Facebook. Over the years, I have crossed paths with a great many people, and it still blows my mind to think that some of them want to stay in touch, even if only now and then.

I'm thankful to have a job and not to have a great deal of debt. From the news stories, that makes me more fortunate than many.

Tomorrow, we'll join millions of other Americans in sitting down to a Thanksgiving dinner, in our case turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade bread, and pie. Then, we'll probably join millions of other Americans in settling down to the traditional after Thanksgiving dinner nap.

I hope you find plenty to be thankful for this year, and I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: